Boy Harry Pitman taken into custody on suspicion of homicide

A 15-year-old boy has been detained on suspicion of the New Year's Eve stab wound-related murder of Harry Pitman.

Sunday around 23:40 GMT, Harry, 16, of Haringey, was assaulted in Primrose Hill, north London.

According to the Metropolitan Police, the youngster and a male who was 18 years old were taken into custody on Tuesday night on suspicion of affraying.

In addition, the police department stated that investigators with specialised training had concluded that there was no evidence to suggest that the assault was motivated by racism.

Despite the fact that the arrests have been made, inspector Constable Inspector Geoff Grogan, who is the main inspector in charge of the investigation, remarked that he was "still very interested in hearing from anyone with footage or information."

At the scene, on Sunday, a young man of sixteen years of age was taken into custody on suspicion of murder. Later on, he was granted bail and freed from custody pending the outcome of the investigation.

Both the child, who is 15 years old, and the guy, who is 18 years old, who were arrested on Tuesday are still being held at police stations in central London, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

According to the statement made by Detective Chief Inspector Grogan, "Harry was with a group of friends at the Primrose Hill viewing platform, where they had gathered to watch the fireworks and celebrate the new year that had just begun." "At that particular place, Harry was the object of a confrontation that ultimately led to grave ramifications," the author writes.

Prior to the arrival of paramedics, officers administered first aid to Harry, but police say he died at the scene shortly before midnight despite the efforts of emergency services.

Furthermore, there are no indications that the assault was motivated by race, as stated by Detective Chief Inspector Grogan: "We are cognizant of rumours, particularly on social media, that the attack might have been racially motivated.

Adherents gathered in Downhills Park, in close proximity to the family residence, on Tuesday. Among them were Harry's mother, brother, and sister.

The family was "devastated," according to Tayla Pitman, the older sibling of Harry.

"A senseless tragedy," according to Claire Waxman, the independent victims' commissioner for London, described Harry's demise.

She further stated, "I am cognizant of the fact that a cohort of inhabitants has confronted the Royal Parks with apprehensions regarding an escalation in violent incidents and disruptive conduct within the Primrose Hill locality in the past few months."

Ch Sup Andy Carter, the head of policing in Camden, expressed "profound sorrow over the avoidable loss of another young life to knife crime."

He stated, "Everyone should have returned home securely from the celebratory New Year's Eve event at Primrose Hill."

We continue to collaborate with Camden Council and Royal Parks to address local concerns and treat the safety of park visitors seriously as a partnership. In the coming days, he stated, in the Primrose Hill vicinity, a "heightened police presence" would persist.